Terms and Conditions
UQ Business School Executive Education
Registration Terms & Conditions
The contribution of each participant in the course is an important part of the learning process. As such, we require attendees to have the appropriate level of knowledge and experience to contribute to the discussions and case studies that form part of the learning process. We also select participants from a range of backgrounds, industries and organisations to ensure diversity in the group. Your application to participate in the course may be assessed, dependent upon course requirements, based on your work life, and industry experience, including a limit on the number of participants from any one organisation.
Your registration in a course is NOT confirmed until
1. we provide you with written confirmation that your registration has been approved
2. the course fee is paid in full
Courses fill quickly and you may lose your place if payment is not received soon after registration is approved. If your organisation is sending multiple staff on our programs throughout the year you may be able to purchase multiple places at a pre-arranged discount. Please contact us for more details.
As we incur substantial costs prior to the commencement of a course, the following policy applies to variations and cancellations.
• ALL cancellations must be in writing to the Director of Executive Education.
• Substitutions may be permitted if approved in writing by the Director of Executive Education.
• A full refund will be provided for registrations cancelled more than 10 business days before the start of the course
• A 50% refund will be provided for all cancellations within 6 and 10 business days before the commencement of the course. Deferral to another course in the same calendar year can be approved ty the Director of Executive Education, with 25% of the total course fee used as a deferral fee
• No refund will be provided for all cancellations within 5 business days of the commencement of the course. Deferral to another course in the same calendar year can be approved by the Director of Executive Education, with 50% of the total course fee used as a deferral fee
• If you fail to attend a course due to illness and provide a valid medical certificate within 24 hours the course can be rescheduled and you will incur a rescheduling fee of 50% of the full fee for that course.
• The University of Queensland reserves the right to cancel courses due to unforeseen circumstances, and will provide participants with as much notice as possible in such circumstances.
• If the course is cancelled, 100% of the course fee paid will be refunded
• The University of Queensland is not responsible for any expenses that may have been incurred in attending or related to the attendance of a course
Academic Integrity & Plagiarism
Academic integrity is a core value of the University of Queensland, whereby high standards of academic behaviour are expected of students. All Executive Education course attendees have a responsibility to maintain the highest standards of academic integrity in their work and a failure to comply with such standards may result in penalties being applied by the University. Attendees must not cheat in examinations or other forms of assessment and must ensure that they do not plagiarise the work of others (either unintentionally or intentionally). More information on what constitutes plagiarism and how it can be avoided is located at: www.uq.edu.au/myadvisor/academic-integrity-and-plagiarism. UQ’s policy on student misconduct may be found at http://ppl.app.uq.edu.au/content/3.60.04-student-integrity-and-misconduct.
While this policy applies to enrolled students rather than those undertaking continuing professional development (CPD) studies, the same principles of natural justice will be applied when considering possible misconduct by CPD participants. By registering for this course you agree to uphold the University’s high standards of academic integrity and you acknowledge that your failure to do so may lead to the imposition of penalties, for example, the cancellation of your course participation with no refund being payable.
The information on this form is collected for the primary purpose of registering your attendance at a course offered by UQ Business School Executive Education. Other purposes of collection include the creation or modification of a record on the participant database, attending to administrative matters, corresponding with you, informing you of future activities or events and de-identified statistical analyses. UQ Business School may also disclose information on this form to a 3rd party to facilitate University rankings and accreditation. Finally your information may be provided to 3rd party contractors that are performing services on our behalf such as (but not limited to) contracted facilitators, mailing houses, customer satisfaction and market research providers. You have a right to access personal information that the University holds about you, subject to any exceptions in relevant legislation. If you wish to seek access to your personal information, please contact the Right to Information and Privacy Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information on how UQ manages student information, please consult the UQ Privacy Management Policy.
Image Release Authorisation
As part of the course, we often take group photos or videos for publicity, publications, display or other University purposes. If you are included in these photos or videos you agree to their use as outlined above and that you do not have an interest in the copyright to the photograph(s) or payment for your appearance in them.