- Engage with prominent principles and models about leading people in organisations
- Apply that knowledge to the creation and ongoing leadership of teams
- Examine critically your behaviour as a manager
- Identify and develop strategies for developing high performance teams
- Evaluate strategies for improving skills in people management and team leadership
Associate Professor Neil Paulsen
BA (UQ), Grad Dip Coun (QUT), BA (Hons 1st class, UQ), PhD (UQ)
Neil Paulsen is an Associate Professor in the UQ Business School. He has research expertise in developing an intergroup perspective on organisational behaviour and change, as well as the role of leadership in team and organisational dynamics. He is currently also the Director of the UQ Social Economic Engagement Program.
Prior to his academic career, Neil gained more than 20 years industry experience as a successful senior manager and consultant in public, private, and community sector organisations. He has travelled and worked extensively internationally, included in the non-profit sector in India and Holland, and on consulting assignments in Germany, Ghana, China and Oman.
His experience as an educator has been recognised in a number of teaching excellence and service awards including the UQ Business School Executive Education Award, and the Pearson Education Australia and New Zealand Academy of Management (ANZAM) Management Educator of the Year Award.