- Engage with prominent principles and models about leading people in organisations
- Apply that knowledge to the creation and ongoing leadership of teams
- Examine critically your behaviour as a manager
- Identify and develop strategies for developing high performance teams
- Evaluate strategies for improving skills in people management and team leadership
Associate Professor Neil Paulsen
BA (UQ), Grad Dip Coun (QUT), BA (Hons 1st class, UQ), PhD (UQ)
Neil is an Associate Professor in Leadership and Management at UQ Business School. He has over 20 years industry experience as a successful senior manager and consultant in public, private, and community sector organisations, and has a long-standing interest and involvement in all aspects of organisational life as a practitioner and researcher.
Neil’s research interests focus on leadership, organisational change and identity processes. Current projects explore the role of professional identity in organisational culture change, team identification, and leadership transition in health teams. He also has significant experience in facilitating leadership development programs, as well as organisational and group change. Neil has worked in the community non-profit sector in Australia, India, and Holland, and consulted for clients including CSIRO, Deutsche Ordens Hospitalwerk International (Germany), Laing O’Rourke, Vale (Australia, Oman, China and Singapore), Glencore, Coffee International, Cardno, Palladium, as well as local and State Government agencies.