- learning about current leadership approaches, and be able to critique these and align them with the actual practice of management.
- understanding the links between individual values, ethics, attitudes and actions that define effective management and leadership.
- exploring your own leadership style through a 360-degree personal leadership assessment
- discovering tools and techniques to improve your leadership style
- exploring how you as a leader could build an environment in which people can flourish and achieve high performance.
Professor Victor Callan
BA (Hons 1st class) (UNSW), PhD (ANU)
Victor Callan is a Professor of Management and Associate Dean (Research) at UQ Business School. In this role, he facilitates research and consulting partnerships between UQ and governments, industry and the private sector.
As a management consultant with over 30 years of business experience, Victor has advised public and private sector organisations around their HR management, leadership and management development, and change initiatives. As an organisational researcher, domestically and internationally, he has completed programs to support staff training, talent management, leadership development and cultural transformation.
He has previously consulted to major businesses such as Qantas, Shell, New Zealand Telecom, BHPBilliton, Xstrata, Suncorp and Bank of Queensland, and served on a Queensland Government board. Victor has published several books and over 200 international research articles, and his expertise has been recognised in achievements including being elected as Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (FAICD), and winning two UQ Excellence in Leadership Awards.
Mr Greg Latemore
BA UQ, MMan UQ, Cert IV (Training & Assessment) Inspire Education
Greg is an Industry Fellow at UQ Business School. He has a background in psychology and philosophy and more than 25 years of organisational and management consulting experience.
In previous roles, Greg has worked for Thiess Pty Ltd, Laing O’Rourke Australia, Qantas, Boeing, Xstrata, The Australian Institute of Management, and Price Waterhouse Coopers, among other companies.He also established his own consultancy practice in 1993, specialising in leadership development, strategic alignment and executive coaching.
Greg is a life member of the Australian Association for Psychological Type and a chartered member of the Australian Human Resources Institute.