After completing the Finance for Non-Finance Managers course, you will:
- better understand accounting and finance terminology and conventions
- be better placed to make informed financial decisions
- be more effective at developing and managing your budget
- know what to look for when analysing financial statements and determining performance
- be able to apply tools, techniques and methodologies to improve financial outcomes
- appreciate the value of variance analysis and target costing in financial management
Sandra Lazzarini is a lecturer in the Accounting and Accountability Cluster within the UQ Business School and is Program Director for the Bachelor of Commerce. Sandra’s primary interests lie in the field of managerial accounting, particularly costing, and performance evaluation and improvement as well as in education in commerce. She has over 20 years of experience lecturing in Queensland universities and has received teaching awards from UQBS. She has worked within government, externally consulted, and has provided courses in accounting and finance to external organisations.
Finance for Non-Finance Managers is designed for non-finance executives, including operational managers, functional managers, general managers and board members, or anyone who wants to develop their understanding of cost management, accounting, and finance, and to integrate finance into their decision-making process.