- understanding accounting and financial management
- gaining an enhanced understanding of the non-finance manager role in finance management
- analysing and evaluating the content of financial statements and reports
- using ratio analysis to interpret and determine the performance and position of a reporting entity
- utilising accounting information to make a variety of decisions internal to the firm
- effective use of implementation tools, techniques and methodologies to improve financial outcomes
- understanding the principles of Corporations Law and Governance.
BA, Grad Dip Business (Management)
John is the Managing Director of Cost Management Specialists. He has built his reputation as a performance improvement expert over 20 years. He specialises in strategic planning, governance, leadership, change management and cost management, and is recognised for his business acumen and practical approach both nationally and internationally. John is particularly passionate about finding hidden profit and leveraging ROI.
John has worked as a consultant internationally in Malaysia, New Zealand, Nigeria, Singapore, Tanzania and Thailand. Some of his key clients include Coles Myer, National Australia Bank, Coca Cola Amatil, the Institute of Chartered Accountants, Telstra, World Vision, and Film Australia.
This course is designed for non-finance middle to senior managers who want to develop their cost management and finance decision-making skills.