After completing the course, you will know how to:
- understand accounting and finance terms and terminology
- analyse and evaluate the content of financial statements and reports
- use ratio analysis to interpret and determine the performance and position of a reporting entity
- implement and use tools, techniques, and methodologies to improve financial outcomes
- use accounting information to make a variety of decisions internal to the firm
- employ the principles of Corporations Law and governance
- understand the role of the non-finance manager in financial management.
John is the Managing Director of Blue Chip Consulting Group. He has built his reputation as a performance improvement expert over the last 20 years and specialises in strategic planning, governance, leadership, change management, and cost management. John is particularly passionate about performance improvement using a value stream approach, which employs systems thinking, constraints management, lean six sigma methodologies, and process excellence.
He has provided training as a consultant in strategic cost management, finance and performance improvement both in Australia, and internationally, including in Malaysia, New Zealand, Nigeria, Singapore, Tanzania, and Thailand. Some of his key clients include Coles Myer, National Australia Bank, Coca Cola Amatil, the Institute of Chartered Accountants, Telstra, World Vision, and Film Australia.
John holds a Bachelor of Arts from University of Melbourne, and a Graduate Diploma of Business (Management) from Monash University. He is a member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
Finance for Non-Finance Managers is designed for non-finance executives, including operational managers, functional managers, general managers and board members, or anyone who wants to develop their understanding of cost management, accounting, and finance, and to integrate finance into their decision-making process.