After completing the course, you will know how to:
- apply new strategy building concepts, such as Value Logic and Strategy as Design
- design and reverse design business models using new strategy tools, such as the Customer Value Canvas and Strategy Mapping
- use strategic initiatives management as the basis for strategy execution
- understand and use tools to creatively develop alternative strategic futures
- better collaborate with senior managers and board members when developing strategy.
Dr Kevin Hendry
Kevin is a strategist, author, and educator. Kevin spent more than 20 years with Monsanto, a US based multi-national, where he was Vice President and Managing Director Asia Pacific for the Nutrition and Consumer Products business, as well as a member of the unit's Global Board. More recently Kevin was a Director of Competitive Dynamics Pty. Ltd., a Brisbane-based management consultancy, specialising in strategy and corporate governance.
He is an Industry Fellow with UQ Business School, where he teaches strategy at Executive Education and MBA levels. Previously, he was a facilitator at the Australian Institute of Company Directors, where he taught strategy, risk, board effectiveness, and decision-making.
Kevin holds a PhD in strategy and corporate governance from The University of Queensland. He is a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (FAICD) and a Member of the Academy of Management.
This course is designed for middle to senior managers who want to develop their strategy skills beyond the traditional approach to strategic planning.