- learning new concepts such as Value Logic and Strategy as Design
- learning to better collaborate with senior managers and your board of directors when developing strategy
- designing and reverse designing business models using new strategy tools such as the Customer Value Canvas and Execution Mapping
- understanding and using tools to creatively develop Alternative Strategic Futures
- developing your own strategy skills through hands on experience with live case studies and application to your own organisation.
Associate Professor John Steen
BSc(Hons) Tas, PhD Tas, PhD Qld
John Steen is an Associate Professor at UQ Business School. His ability in business education has been recognised by citations from the University of Queensland and the Australian Teaching and Learning Council. John's research interests include strategy and innovation and he is currently working with organisations such as Rio Tinto, Hatch, GHD, Ergon Energy, Ernst and Young, Groundprobe, and Brisbane City Council on a number of research projects around effective innovation management.
Dr Kevin Hendry
PhD Qld, FAICD
Kevin Hendry is a strategy advisor and a management educator. He is an Industry Fellow with the University of Queensland Business School where he teaches strategy at Executive Education and MBA levels. He was a Facilitator for the Australian Institute of Company Directors Diploma Course from 2003 to 2009, teaching strategy, risk, board effectiveness and decision-making modules.
This course is designed for middle to senior managers who want to develop their strategy skills beyond the traditional approach to strategic planning.