After completing the course, you will know how to:
- replace your fear of public speaking with excitement
- develop powerful scripts and compelling stories
- develop your 'elevator speech' and value proposition
- use voice variation and projection techniques
- add essential interest and variety, regardless of the level of technical content, into your presentation
- handle Q&A sessions and convert obstacles in to opportunities
- adjust for different audiences and audience interactivity
- develop specialist presentations for strategy and vision
- use PowerPoint, and aware of common tips and traps.
Barry is a former Senior Partner at KPMG, and is the owner of leadership coaching company Sustainable Change. He has been a leadership coach for more than 15 years, and in this role delivers leadership skills workshops, performance coaching, and executive presentation skills training.
As an alumnus of The Actors Conservatory, Barry has developed a unique coaching methodology, which brings together business knowledge, coaching, acting, performance, and personality type insights.
Barry has coached more than 450 leaders and executives across the world. He has readied teams and individuals for pitches to leadership groups, to present at major conferences, and to deliver TED talks, including at the prestigious annual TED event in Edinburgh.
Barry is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants (FCA) and Officer in the Order of St John (OBStJ).